Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 21, 2011

13 Months



March 21, 2011
Spring is here! I have been little by little building your scrapbook from the time we found out we were pregnant until today, and I am only just getting to your first Easter pictures, already Easter is rolling around again, its going to be so busy at the annual San Elijo eggs hunt this year, there seems so many more babies under two than ever before.

Advancements:
You are now walking, just holding with one hand, you have realized with only holding our one hand you can pick things up and you can carry your sippy at the same time! You're doing well at understanding me, when I say "no, no, no" you shake your head left to right, you think its very funny so purposely do things to make me say no. I can't help but chuckle. When we ask you what a cow says you purse your little lips tightly together and say "moooooo" and when we ask you what a dog says you proclaim "Whoo!" We are working on "ribbit" which I agree may be a tough one and "quack". I love how you wave goodbye to everyone with no encouragement when I collect you from Lynn's house after work. You are always sad to leave but always so happy to see me. We go home and do fun stuff. Just today we put on your bathing suit and went to the spitty fountain, then to top of your day you got another nice big hug from Owen.

Regression:
Shame you picked up a nasty cough over the last few weeks. It doesn't seem to both you that much during the day but at night it must tickle your throat because you will cough for hours. You are still too young to give any sort of muti but you take raw organic honey in some warm Rooibos very nicely and it seems to sooth you a bit.

Firsts:
I let you try peanut butter! You didn't love it so I gave you some almond butter on bananas the next day as a snack and you loved that. You have no allergies it seems, I was even thinking the other day how you have only ever had two diaper rashes. (Once was when you pooped in the night and slept several hours with it in your pajamas)

Schedule:
We took you to Doctor Fruman for your one year checkup. You got two thumbs up. But then Dr. Fruman asked: "does she wake at night"...I said yes always once at midnight, sometimes twice...then he asked: "Do you feed her?" I hesitated to answer because I knew what he would say. That I shouldn't be. He was of course very diplomatic but it made me realized I am not doing anybody any favors by feeding you in the night. You don't need it. Its simply comfort to take a bottle and sit on my lap and Ive been doing that every night since you were 5.5 months old. I am not sleeping well at all and with starting work, I need my sleep to be a good mommy, wife and worker.

Now when you wake up I just hand you a sippy (not a bottle) with 4oz of milk (instead of 8oz of formula) you're doing really well and have even slept through the night a few times. I am slowly going to ween you onto water and then take the sippy away completely. As always you are adjusting well.

0 comments on "13 Months"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez