Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, February 20, 2012

24 Months







February 21, 2012

Its that time.
Already.
When someone asks me how old you are and I simply start answering "two" - no longer will we count your age in months.

This is the last blog post I will write on your monthly developments. You are a big girl now. Its time to start treating you like a toddler and no longer like my little infant, although you will ALWAYS be my baby. I will continue to document all your wonderful milestones and the curious things you say - but I suspect that they will be less frequent so I will now keep a book for you.

I worked hard putting your party together. You LOVE bubbles and Elmo so I joined the two together and illustrated and designed all the matching pink elmo decor so you would have a a fun themed party of your dreams in gigi and papas back yard..

All your closest friends came to your party. Only Owen couldnt make it because him and his little brother were sick. You got beautiful toys and clothes - all your favotite things - minnie mouse, hello kitty, disney, baby dolls, tea sets, bath toys - you even got a watch!!!

My favorite part of the whole day was when you were opening presents, as tired as you were you managed to keep a smile on your face, jump up and down and clap your hands. You never complained once, the entire day. I am so incredibly blessed to have such a gentle and sweet little girl.

I remember before you.
Before your dad.
When I was a very busy and very single young lady.
My mom, your Nana, said to me: "One day you will have a child, and you will not remember what you did before their existence." I thought (respectfully) she had lost her marbles. I was so busy how would I possibly forget my day to day schedule.

Its true. As always, Nana was right. My life was nothing before I met you. Not a day goes by that I don't want to hold your hand as I drive until my arm goes numb, not a moment passes that I don't want to share fairy kisses and hear you giggle. I look forward to coloring with you, dancing, reading and snuggling - thats all that matters to me is to feel your warm breathe on my cheek. You are amazing.

Two years ago today I was asleep the recliner in your nursery because my belly was SO HUGE I couldn’t get comfortable in my own bed. Little did I know that just 5 hours later I would be headed to the hospital, in labor and already 5 centimeters dilated.

Tonight, I was in the exact same place as I was two years ago only this time I held you in my arms reading you your bedtime story and giggling about how"minnie" got out her cage and how the "mermee" has wet hair from the bath.

I shed a tear - not because I am sad. Simply because you are growing up so fast. I want to slow time down and cherish more with you. I am grateful for your health, curiosity, happy go lucky personality and your beautiful soul.

Happy Birthday Bugsy.
I love you more than all the stars in the sky.

0 comments on "24 Months"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez