Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, February 11, 2010

37 weeks



I am officially "full term" That means anytime from here on out if I go into labor they won't stop it. What a eventful week in my pregnancy!

Friday 02/05/10 I had my scheduled appointment to see Dr. Chortkoff. I was looking forward to hearing my "stats" so was very eager to get over to Carmel valley. When I got there I saw Jennifer the wonderful nurse practitioner as usual she took my blood pressure and weight. When she asked how I was I mentioned, I was doing fine but that Franki's movements seemed to have slowed down a bit. I didn't think about it that much because I assumed that since she had so little room to move that was the probable cause. WRONG! Even though she has limited room her kick counts should not decrease! Immediately they put me on the monitor..I laid there for about 45 minutes and although they weren't worried they weren't happy either so sent me down to triage. Triage was happy to take me ad monitored me on their fancier machines for about an hour...consensus was that baby and mom are both fine and fluid is good.

Monday (02/08/10) I started bleeding profusely - like a gush of blood at about 10pm. I wasn't worried though because I heard this can happen and expected it to stop. Well I changed my little paper roll ups (I don't own pads) about 5 times through the night...although it slowed down it didn't stop. Tuesday morning it was time to call Jennifer again. As soon as she heard this she said - its back down to triage for you...Again they wonderful nurses there took me in like a stray cat and made me feel very comfortable. This time they tested my cervix as well as mine and Franki's heart rate and my contractions. The doctor on call wanted hem to monitor me for a while because my contractions were constant, but they ended up discharging me because they weren't consistent. They said to watch the blood flow and to call if it persists.

My stats:

Dilated: 3cm
Cervix: 80% effaced
Group B strep test Negative

Wednesday 02/10/10
I raced upstairs to get to the bathroom because shocker - I needed to pee. When I went to wipe, a really large lump (size of a quarter) of what appeared to be a blood clot was on the tissue, that scared me, but I thought with all the bleeding it may be normal. Without sounding gross I squeezed and poked it to realize it was really hard, could this be my mucus plug!? As soon as I was out the bathroom I jumped into the shower where I discover yet another piece of the same alien looking stuff, this time a bit smaller like that of a dime. Again I poked and squeezed it. Perplexed I told my hubby about it and he called our mom to see what she thought. We all agreed it had to be the mucus plug. We still don't know for sure. I googled it of course - and there are very few pictures on what this curious membrane should look like.

I have been working hard all week - 6:15am - 11:45am at one place and then at 12:15pm - 6:00pm at another place. Needless to say its the schedule that has tuckered me out not being pregnant. I decided with all the goings on this week - its time to pack the bag and my love put Franki's seat into the car. We are ready.

Today is the last day of my 37th week. I feel almost no contractions, just the occasional back ache. My sleep has been good its just the 6 bathroom breaks a night that get me up. I have another appointment today and will ask about my plug and if I have dilated any further.

I wonder if we will be having a valentines baby?

0 comments on "37 weeks"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez