Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, May 21, 2011

15 Months


May 21, 2011
We all enter this world in different ways. You wouldn't think so at first, but some babies are born to moms completely naturally with no pain med, others are delivered cesarean long before 40 weeks, so are birthed after 18 hours of labor with complications etc etc. Yes every single child is fearfully and wonderfully made in God's image. You are so perfect my love. Here I was fretting through my youth about the what ifs and unknowns, even as I went through a content 40 weeks I still had fears and concerns. I had never diapered or swaddled a baby (your dad had to teach me) I didn't know if I was supposed to powder your bottom, or what he "magic tricks" were to keep a baby comfortable...and yet when you came, we just did it. Some great advice was thrown our way but mostly we just figured out as we went along and you have turned out to be an attentive happy and healthy baby. Looking back - the hardest part was simply going through this journey without the one that knew me before I knew myself. My mom. Your granny. She would have been amazing.

Good news! She is going to finally come and meet you. When you are about 18 months old, she will hold you for the first time, she will hear your laugh, hold your hand and get to read you a story. I am so overwhelmed with emotions. My mom parented me very differently from how you are are and will be parented. You are blessed to have a large family and two parents that adore each other. My mom had to do it all alone and work. She knows stuff, and has seen stuff that you and I could never even imagine - her wisdom and strength is something we can both not only admire but learn from. Your granny will only be here for two weeks, but it will be the most blessed two weeks and we will all cozy together, take walks, swim, laugh and picnic.

Bath time has been very special. we all pile into the bathroom as a family, dad will sit on the floor and me on the toilet, we will laugh and blow bubbles, you play peek a boo with the shower curtain and dad gets a huge fright every time you splash him and falls over. I look forward to 6:15pm every day.

I understand why “they” call the navel a belly button. You are obsessed with that tiny little indent in your tummy, you constantly press yours as if it a light were going to switch on. Then you go looking for mine, whipping my shirt up and laughing hysterically when you find it, you do it to your dad too, you push your little finger as deep as it will go trying to figure out what it is. I don’t know which you think is cooler, that we each have one or that there is a hole in your belly.

Since you have been officially walking (stopped crawling completely May 21, 2011) I let you stroll rather than ride in your car as we walk Mr. Scruff to go potty. So every day you walk about one mile, it takes about an hour because you insist on stopping and smelling every flower you see, its adorable the way you lean over the flower and breathe out through your mouth, you bend your knees at every bush and meow then look at me – searching for cats because you saw one about a week ago. If a plane flies overhead you point at it and watch it until it fades out of sight and if a crow squawks even barely within ears reach you tell me, pointing with great excitement. I love how curious and aware you are, you are mellow and sweet. Simply perfect in every way.

Advancements:
YOU ARE SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!
I never thought I would ever get to say those words. You are a superstar! I lay you down at 6:30pm and you sleep until 6:30am the next day without a peep. No rhyme or reason, you just started doing it all alone. You don't need a sippy or bottle or pacifier. I just put on your binaural beats and close the door. That is it. Thank you love bug. Mommy smiles more with more sleep :-)

You are attempting to eat with your own spoon, I bought a special spoon with little holes that reduces the chances of it falling onto your lap, its working fairly well depending on the nature of the food, and you are very proud of yourself when you get a successful mouthful. Of course your walking improves on a daily basis and you are even trying to jump!

0 comments on "15 Months"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez