Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, June 6, 2011

Are you there god? Its me Margaret.



I often think of things to do with Franki that would be enlightening, fun, educational or creative however most of the things I think of are better suited for an older child. I am hopeful I dont forget these "things to do" by the time she does reach and appropriate age, but just incase I do I am going to jot down notes in this blog to look back on. Feel free to add ideas!

My co-worker who has two creative, intelligenet girls told me about this wonderful book written in the 70's about a girls quest for a single religion, its called Are you there God? Its me Margaret.

ACTIVITY
Book: Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.
Author: Judy Blume

AGE
Preteen

ABOUT
A girl in sixth grade who grew up with no religion. Margaret's mother is Christian and her father is Jewish, and the novel explores her quest for a single religion. Margaret also confronts many other pre-teen female issues, such as buying her first bra, having her first period, coping with belted sanitary napkins (changed to adhesive sanitary pads for recent editions of the book), jealousy towards another girl who has developed a womanly figure earlier than other girls, liking boys, and whether to voice her opinion if it differs from those of her friends.

0 comments on "Are you there god? Its me Margaret."

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez