Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

16 Months



June 21, 2011

You're officially a toddler - a walking, mumbling, squealing machine!
When I lay you on my lap when you are tired and you put your little thumb in your mouth and look up at me with those big bluey green eyes my already mushy heart turns to liquid. You are just the cutest. I know all moms say that about there own children, but you really are. You are silly and fun and happy and easy going and very rarely do you complain. I am very proud of you.

You are sharp as a tack and don't miss a thing. When you set your cookie down to play and your buddy Owen nabbed it you very quickly noticed. When I try to trick you to get your diaper changed or swap out your water for milk, straight away you will let me know that you noticed.

Your words are getting more pronounced that now I can almost make out what yo are trying to say, then you point to make it clearer and I get it. We...or I should say you discovered a super book with all the words you are working on learning and we sit almost daily going over the pictures. You say "naa-na" for banana, "raaaf" for giraffe, "cowe" for cow, "dock" for dog, "ba" for baby and the words you don't yet know how to say like tree, elephant and lion you either make the sound or point right at it.

You're not quite feeding yourself with a spoon, you try with all our might and as much as you get the spoon into your mouth, most every drop of food lands on your lap. Unfazed you try and try again. You have great tenacity!

This summer has got off to a great start, we do so much together as a family. We take walks with the dogs up to the spitty fountain, we take your blow up pool and head down to the beach, you absolutely love the ocean and try to walk in as far as you can go!

On July 2, 2011 I started taking you for swim lessons. You are young by one month, and I wasn't sure how you would fare going everyday Monday through Thursday. We meet the lady from Swim Synergy at 4pm and you have a private lesson for about 15 minutes. The pool lovely and warm, and although you don't enjoy being laid on your back to float, you grumble and moan, you still do it and still learn. You amaze me. You love the water and are very brave, I want to keep it that way. The reason I put you in swim, is not because I plan to train you early to be an olympic swimmer, but because mommy and daddy love the water and are constantly near a pool, I am too scared to have you fall in and get hurt. With these lessons you will earn to float, flip, kick to the surface even get to the side of the pool! The investment and time is worth every moment for your safety.

You are my little girly girl and your aunty Andrea encourages it buying you purses, ruffle bikinis, pink water bottles and high heels. Your dad video taped you walking in your heels like a pro!

0 comments on "16 Months"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez