Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Teething (10 Months)



Teething at the start of turning 10 months old was torturous for baby and parents. Poor little girl would wake up screaming from 11:30pm and not stop until about 5:00am. I would check she had no hair around her appendages, no rash, clean diaper, not hungry, not cold or hot, I even tried feeding her beans and broccoli to loosen hers stomach in case it was constipation. Nope for sure it was teething. The only problem is Tylenol didn't help ease your pain at all, and you hate the baby oral gel, to be honest I tried it myself and completely understand. So I did some research and discovered various herbal and homeopathic solutions:

1) Lobelia Extract:
Also called Indian tobacco. Its also good for insect bites and rubbing on body for fever. I didn't end up trying this as it was tough to locate and when I did it was very expensive.

2) Baltic Amber teething necklaces:
I read pages upon pages of the relieving properties of amber necklaces for babies. These are warnings to follow:
• Look for a necklace that has a magnetic clasp.
• Never leave a child unattended while he is wearing an amber teething necklace.
• Do not use chemicals to clean your amber teething necklace. Simply rinse with water.
• Never allow a child to chew on the necklace or put any part of it in his mouth.
• Discontinue use immediately if a child develops an allergic reaction to the amber teething necklace.


3) Plantain Tincture:
I really liked the idea of trying this root as many other mums have before me however within the America market it was difficult to find a tincture that didn't have any alcohol of any kind in it. They use the alcohol to preserve the root.

4) Chamomilla:
Hyland's makes a baby specific pill product that can be given to a baby for teething or any other time a baby is in distress. Since this was affordable and easily accessible, I bought some from Jimbo's Market.Unfortunately it didn't help much :-)

0 comments on "Teething (10 Months)"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez