Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, February 6, 2011

2nd Procedure - 11 Months Old



Firstly, I want to tell you baby girl, I think you are the bravest, most forgiving, extraordinary positive love angel that I have ever known. You inspire me, give me courage and make me want to be a better person.

Wednesday, February 2 2011
12:30pm

Dad and I walked into Rady's Children hospital in San Diego with you in our arms, pushing all our belongings in your stroller and checked-in for your elective "surgery"to reduce the size of your lymphatic malformation (cystic hygroma) My heart pounded knowing that you had no idea what was about to happen. You were giggling and playing and just being your usual easy going self. Your vitals all read well, you weighed in at a healthy 24lb and managed your hunger without a single complaint.I was relieved you were able to take a really good nap before we left home, that was God's doing I know because you have not been napping very well over the last week.

2:30pm
A lovely nurse called for you and it was time to roll. We walked with you in our arms up to the radiology room where we waited for Dr. Dory and Dr. Magit to come and chat with us. The plan was to aggressively inject the potent antibiotic Doxycycline into your cysts directly through your throat and floor of your mouth. We handed you over to the anesthesiologist Dr. Alvin H Faierman, who has a friendly smile and gently laid you on your back to administer the sleepy gas. They do this before they put the needle in you so lessen your anxiety.

3:30pm
Gigi came straight from work to see you but the hospital wouldn't allow any visitors inside so we all waited together for a nurse to come call us into recovery when you woke up. They finally called for "mom only" and I raced like a headless chicken to you, I could hear you crying as I walked in I knew it was you, when I saw you, you were so swollen I barely recognized you, I had to be brave, no tears and I just smiled at you.I picked you up and immediately you drifted off to sleep. I was so grateful to have you back in my arms. I praised God for your safety and that it was over. I just sat there and watched the peaceful look in your face. I love you more than words can describe.

5:30pm
Finally we got you safely into your room. We are blessed to have a private room with a view and a foldout chair. Dad and I agreed to take turns in staying up and watching over you. You slept fairly well only waking for a bottle and a cuddle. We won't leave you. Ever.

Thursday, February 3 2011
8:00am

You woke up very cheerful, we ordered breakfast and you shared my eggs and oatmeal and ate like a champ. We entertained you with DVD's, toys, walks. You finally drank two bottles and some water so we asked if they would take you off the IV and monitor you with the hope of being discharged that evening.

6:00pm
I could not believe how well you were doing just 24 hours after such an invasive procedure. You were playful, happy, eating, drinking, sleeping - doing everything you normally do and the swelling had gone down by about 30%. The doctors and nurses were pleased so gave you your discharge papers!

7:00pm
Your family was so exited to see you come home, you were getting 100's of well wishes on FaceBook. Gigi was on her way to meet us at our house to give you a big hug...but I had to call and tell her maybe tomorrow. You were so tired you fell asleep in the car on the way home, they didn't let you rest much in the hospital, poking you and prodding you every 4 hours, so I was overjoyed to see you resting.

Friday, February 4 2011
2:00am

You had woken up a few times and felt a bit warm, but with some gentle loving and a change of clothes I thought nothing more of it until 2am. We took your temperature and you were running a 104...that really scared us, we put you in the bathtub, gave you Motrin and called the hospital and they said we could either bring you into the emergency or wait until the morning o see Dr. Magit. We decided tow ait - I didnt want to subject you too the ospital, lights and pokes so dad and I sat up all night holding you, watching you sleep and keeping a cool cloth on your neck.

12:00pm
In walks Dr. Magit. He looked in your ears and mouth and took your temperature then announced he would book a room for you. He suggested we stay overnight to monitor you and put you on steroids and antibiotics as well as fluids because you were dehydrated. I was scared. Dad was strong for the both of us. He cried much later, when we were both asleep.

6:00pm
This was possibly the worst moments of our lives. You were wide awake and the nurses had to put a needle and splint in your arm for your drip. Our nurse called the best nurse on the shift for the job, she tried twice. You screamed your little heart out as we cried with you trying to distract you with "blues Clues" and "Moose and Zee" youTube videos. I never want you tuo hurt, ever but I know that in life we all get hurt one way or another. we learn from our pain. I just hope you knew how much we love you and wanted to protect you. The nurse felt really bad for you. She called the EMT's to come and administer your IV needle as they do it all the time the would have better luck. They poked you once...then got you the next time. You were so glad to see them go and after that didn't trust anyone that even walked in the room. Anyone that came within a meter of you, you would scream blue murder.

12:00pm
All through the night you were fed your antibiotics and steroids through the IV, you weren't able to sleep much between the beeping and prodding but we knew it only meant you would be getting better and not have to deal with that scary fever again. You ate a good breakfast and gulped down a couple of bottles, so were given the "all-clear" to be released. That was the best news I had heard all week. They wrote you a prescription for Augmentin and sent us home.

0 comments on "2nd Procedure - 11 Months Old"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez