Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy First Birthday!!!



I was so super excited about planning your first birthday party, we had it at the gazebo in San Elijo Hills on Sunday, February 20. I know very well you won't remember much, but I wanted to create a memory for you in pictures so you could loo back and see just how much fun we love having with you and all the wonderful people that came to celebrate with us as a family. You are very well loved, but you will figure that out on your own.

I am never fond of walking into a store and buying all the matchy pieces. I prefer to give as many things in life (as I have time for) my own thumb print. I love handmade and crafty items, so many cookie cutter concepts lack that tactile "made with love" feeling...In my opinion.

Your theme was Enchanted Forest/Woodland Creatures/Gnome-topia. I had know idea the movie "Gnomeo and Juliet" was about break the week before your birthday. Ive been planning your party for 4 months. I started with collecting inspiration and deciding on a color scheme...

• I saw your Gnome dress and told Gigi about it, she beat me to it and bought it from the seller PinkDixie from Etsy online.
• I created your invitations myself on my computer at home using inspiration from another designer and printing them with the printer your dad bought me for Christmas.
• I collected gnome figurines from Joanns Spring sale.
• Green & Blue M&M's from Michaels
• I baked box cupcakes and frosted them with a "grass" tip
• For the terrarium I used an old cookie jar, painted a birds nest and made little toadstools out of Fimo clay. The moss I bought from Michaels.
• The mossy Stone toadstools were from Michaels, so were the bug catching party favors
• Gigi helped me sew and cut all the pennants (buntings)
• The table cloths were disposable red plastic and then I bought burlap squares to act as overlays.
• The "toadstool" cake pops were red velvet and absolutely delicious, enjoyed by young and old.

You were such a good girl, not at all overwhelmed, smiling at everyone all day, playing on the slides and walking about holding your dads fingers. You are such a delight and I am so proud of you!

0 comments on "Happy First Birthday!!!"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez