Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, August 27, 2009

14 weeks


8/27/09
This has been a great week. I am firing on all cylinders again and even did a two mile swim. Baby is the size of a lemon now and my belly is a tad bit bigger but nothing you'd recognize in a picture yet. I will probably have hubby take a new bump picture at 16 weeks.

Something new: Allergies.
Its crazy. At first I thought I was fighting a cold. Then I thought maybe it was a one or two day thing. Nope! This whole week I have had so much congestion, repetitive sneezing and a snotty nose. I have allergies! I have never ever in my entire life been allergic to anything, and now it appears that I am allergic to pollen and dust. I hope it runs its course through the pregnancy and then goes away forever :)

I learned so much this week about your first BM after labor! Yet another example of what nobody tells you about!

I know gross, right?
My friend is about to pop, she is due in two weeks with her second and she was telling me last night about the pain associated with your first poop after birth. Let me tell you, and I will spare you the details, it sounded horrific! If you tore, or have hemorrhoids, do research!! None of my books mention this. Even though they give you stool softener you are so backed up it doesn't really work.

After some research this is what I am going to do a day or two after birth:
• Papaya pills (chewable over the counter) 3 times a day
• Add 2 tablespoons of Castor oil to a smoothie (be careful not to take it before birthing, it could induce labor and also make the baby poop in the uterus)
• Eat fiber
• Take the stool softeners

0 comments on "14 weeks"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez