Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 17, 2009

17 weeks


9/17/09
Wow - time is flying by. At 9:40am I went into to see Dr Chortkoff for a checkup. They took my blood for the second trimester, weighed me- up another 3LB (total 135lb) and listened to our little girls heartbeat on the doppler. It was about 130bpm which Dana said was normal and she probably thought she was sleeping.

Over the last couple of days I have been feeling odd movement, I thought at first it was the liquid in my body moving around, then I thought I had gas byt today, I am pretty sure I can feel her moving.I read that at first its like a butterfly feeling which I definitely had a bit of last week but this week has been more of a motion feeling. I look forward to that feeling getting stronger.

According to my books and websites I should be feeling a little off balance and getting itchy skin with the stretching. So far I have neither. I hope and pray that it stays that way, I have made it thus far without the "usual" symptoms :-)

I did some reading on products for stretch marks. It seems lotions can't really prevent the stretch marks, if anything they alleviate the itchiness. The best advice seems to be that I don't gain weight too fast and that I drink plenty of water, both of which I am doing.

When I was weighed in my appointment I had gained 3lb from the last weigh in so overall I have gained a healthy 5lb. The nurse Jennifer said that I don't need worry, at this rate I will put on the suggested 25lb by birth. I just want my baby to be healthy and have enough poundage for birthing.

Well I am off to Yardage Town to see what sort of fabrics I may find for the very blank nursery.

0 comments on "17 weeks"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez