Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 24, 2009

18 weeks



I am almost halfway done, at the beginning of this week, I said I could easily be pregnant 20 months I am finding this such a joyous and easy time, but I know as I get bigger I won't feel the same way!

The HUGE progression this week is that I can feel her. Thursday I felt two knocks in my lower right abdomen. I thought it was too hard to be an air bubble so pushed that part of my belly in with my fingers and hey presto...two knocks again in the same place. I have become so much more aware now "listening" out for more movement. She seems very active between 3:30pm and 5:30pm but thankfully seems to sleep in the night as she never knocks to wake me up. I've heard so often "how amazing" the feeling is but I never imagined it was this beautiful. I almost want to cry whenever she lets me know she is there.

The other notable thing to mention is how much bigger I have suddenly gotten just in a week, as I mention at "17 weeks" I was told she would almost double in size. Last week I hardly looked pregnant and this week I am huge! I cannot fit into my jeans anymore and I had to buy my first official maternity jeans from Motherhood. They are so comfy, they have a wide elasticated band that goes right over my entire stomach.

My appetite has grown significantly, although there are no specific cravings I am leaning toward fruits and veggies, thankfully! Today I ate an entire avocado to myself.

Specs say this week she is about 5 and a half inches head to rump and her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. When I talk to her I always ask her what she is doing. As if she has a whole bunch to do, but I think she is responds to my exercise and to our surround sound. I tell her how much I love her and how her dad and I can't wait to meet her. Today I told her all about my mom, her grandmother in Africa and how she would be having a birthday this weekend. I always wonder if she hears my voice.

0 comments on "18 weeks"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez