Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 21, 2010

34 weeks


I never thought this would be me. I heard long before I was ever pregnant that when you get to the end you are big, achy and uncomfortable. Never a truer word spoken. I didn't think that would happen to me because I have had a blissful pregnancy!

This week my hands ached so bad the pain woke me at night - the feeling is how I would arthritis to feel. Family were a little concerned but after some research it seems very typical, in fact some people even get numbness. Its also a chilly time of year to be forced to wear sandals, I no longer can fit into shoes but thank goodness I travel less than 5 miles to work in my comfy car. My heart goes out to those pregnant ladies on buses in the rain not to mention Mary who had to travel on the back of a donkey at this point in her pregnancy!

Sleep is scarce with constant crotch pain and limited positioning but good practice for when I will be up all night with Franki, but surprisingly I am not as exhausted as one would think, this week I've had a burst of energy. I'm up easily at 5:30am and off to work and only start fading about 8:00pm.

Franki's dad has been amazing - helping with housework, massaging me elephant feet and patient during my bouts of silence. Even my sisters have asked why I have been so quiet. To be honest I couldn't be more happy in my life, I am completely content with no worries, I just don't feel myself so am not the usual goof people are used to :-)

I am on a constant learning alert - now with baby Bennett born I am getting to see things firsthand. I learned this week that there is no need to use alcohol on the umbilical cord, that the picture on the diaper goes in the front and that even newborns squirm like worms!

This weekend...I am packing my hospital bag - who knows - she may come any day now!

0 comments on "34 weeks"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez