Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, January 22, 2010

35 weeks


She dropped! I have not had medical confirmation, but I woke up feeling like I was kicked in the groin by a donkey then to confirm that, when I walked down the stairs I felt like she was going to shake right out of me!

Everyone says "baby will come when baby is ready" Well I'm telling you - baby is ready - my body is just not ready. I've had no contractions or any signs of birthing in anyway which is good - I believe with 5 weeks to go that's probably exactly how I should feel.

I miss my fingers - instead I have sausages for appendages, I have a large gold band I used to wear on my middle finger that I was wearing as a wedding band, well not even that will fit anymore.

I've spoken openly to friends and family about my nerves of birthing - I rarely hear a "good" birthing story and feel as if I am about to go through some sort of agonizing torture hell. Its a silly thought because I also know:
A)I have had an amazing pregnancy
B)have a high pain threshold
C)there is nothing I can do about it.

That's life and we are made to birth. My yoga instructor and friend Belinda tells me to "be present", view each experience as a blessing, breath, relax and be. She is right.

I firmly believe your attitude can influence and experience. Me being pregnant and having the privilege to birth life is an incredible blessing. I will stay positive. Focus, breathe and relax - live the moment.

Rejoice in the things that are present; all else is beyond thee.
Montaigne

0 comments on "35 weeks"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez