Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 8, 2009

20 weeks





What an eventful week! Maternity experiences by the dozens! The Good, the bad and the ugly.

The Good
On Monday 10/5 we went to to Mira Mesa for the dun-dun-daaaaah BIG ULTRASOUND! I was anxious because this is the ultrasound where they look and every nook and cranny of your infant to determine if there are any concerns physically, so the variables are numerous. Well as predicted...She is perfect! We saw her two kidneys, where her skull joins her spin, her heart and stomach, bones, spine and of course the parts that confirmed she' indeed is a girl. The lady that spend 45 minutes caressing my belly with a machine and warm fluid couldn't say much. With every question she simply answered, "your doctor would like to tell you that." So I'm not sure yet on her weight or length. I did find out her foot size is 1.5 inches. THATS BIG! She seems to have her dads legs and my big running/swimming feet!

I measured my bump...We are 36 inches now. I feel large because nothing fits, but seeing other pregnant woman further along, it seems I am not large at all. I feel happy that at my half way mark I am still somewhat just a swollen mellon, this gives me the next 4 months to grow slow and hopefully skip out on the joys of stretch marks.

My dear friend Ms. Wright was so thoughtful to give me a baby journal. I have been keeping a good log of happenings, documenting my feelings and adding pictures. At first I thought it would be like a ships captains log, but was pleased to find out its more like a personal story. A narration of my pregnancy written to our beloved child that she can read one day.It has me more and more inspired now to do a scrapbook too...You know with all the spare time I have. {wink}

Her bedroom is well under way. Daddy dear hung up some curtains and shelves and I found the most darling rug in al the colors of the robot pillow. I bought two canvases that I plan on painting. Currently I am designing the concept...girlie robots. Its a challenge.

We received a couple really nice gifts this week, already she is spoiled and I don't mind a bit. Ms. Santillo found bubblegum pink Havianas with a back strap so they don't slide off her feet. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them, they will be perfect for next summer when she is in a bikini and fat belly.

I met with Ms. Gibson for some nursery tips and to borrow some books and she handed over a hardly used Baby Bjorn. It will be perfect for dad when he is out and about and needs both hands...NOw if we can just figure out how to open and close the darn thing. We need to practice on BD!

I had made up my mind that I would rent a double-hands free - breast pump from the hospital. Well come to find out, total cost for that pump would be around $400! Frantically I started looking for good pumps to add to our registry. They tell me that if you get a mediocre pump it hurts the girls something crazy. After allot of research and review reading I realize the $350 pump at Babies R Us is what I need...But over my pudgy body was I gonna pay that amount of money. EBAY TO THE RESCUE...I found the exact pump I wanted/needed with books and accessories for half the price! $130! Breast Pump - check!

The Bad
No sleep. They say this is natures way of preparing you for when baby comes, I say...WTF? I will lose enough sleep after the arrival of our precious heart...Tell nature to let me sleep extra well now!? Please? I believe its the hormones. Thats what "they" say. I say it may be the peeing 6 times a night, or possibly getting used to sleeping on my side...Really it could be anything. I am slowly learning how to succumb the midnight alerts. I take a tylenol PM...and a shove a pillow between my legs. It helps a bit.

The Ugly
Excess hair.
Glass half full - I'd say that this has been the most fun time ever to try new haircuts. My hair is growing so fast that if don't like the style, no sweat. Its thick and full and shiny...just as they tell you it will be.
Glass half empty - I am afraid to even go there, but I can say one thing my grooming regime has had to step it up a notch...Or two. Places that I didn't think it could even grow...Yup, its there.

0 comments on "20 weeks"

Post a Comment

 

Bitty Bruno Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez